Enjoy family time with the kids and romantic time with your significant partner all in the same weekend. Lake County has plenty of events happening that all ages will enjoy!
- The Great Lakes Naval Museum is holding a “Children’s Craft Activity: Make a Sailor Valentine” event on Friday and Saturday. Kids will also learn about sailor crafts from the 1800s. The event will be held from 3pm – 4:30pm on Friday and 1pm – 3pm on Saturday.
- This weekend is the 52nd Annual Chain O’ Lakes Fishing Derby and Winter Festival at Thirsty Turtle on Channel Lake in Antioch. There will be children’s games, food at Conservation Café and much more. With a nice weather outlook for the upcoming weekend, this is a perfect winter family fun event.
- Valentine’s Day specials galore! Next week Tuesday is Valentine’s Day and many restaurants in Lake County are offering specials from heart shaped pizzas at Giordano’s to romantic dining at Sullivan’s, Dover Straits and Village Tavern in Long Grove. Make it a romantic evening and save money by checking out all the specials on our website visitlakecounty.org.
- This is the last weekend for the play ‘Courting Vampires’ at the Clockwise Theatre in Waukegan. From courtroom to courtyard to graveyard, this play features a tangle of love, lust, and loyalty enmeshing two sisters fighting a mysterious opponent.
- Miss the outdoor winter activities? RinkSide Sports inside Gurnee Mills has public ice skating happening on Saturday from 12:15pm – 2pm & 2:15 – 3:45pm and Sunday from 1pm – 2:30pm.